Host a Microchip Clinic
Sponsoring a microchip clinic provides a worthy public service guaranteed to attract local animal lovers to your event. Clinics are a great fundraiser, open house event and/ or public service offering.
With the AKC CAR ID System, hosting a microchip clinic is both easy and beneficial. To get more information on organizing a microchipping clinic please call 800-252-7894 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and the date(s) of your clinic. An AKC CAR representative will contact you to help get you started as we are committed to providing you with support and turnkey resources to make your microchip clinic a success.
- How to Run a Microchipping Clinic
- Promotional Flyer Template
- Press Release Template
- Media Alert Template
- "Microchipping Works" Promotional Banner: $25
- This promotional banner helps build visibility for your microchipping clinic. Call 800-252-7894 to order this valuable promotional tool today!
Helpful Hints for Hosting a Successful Microchip Clinic:
- Download our helpful checklist
- Plan early! Be sure to order the microchips at least two weeks prior to event
- Work with a veterinarian you are familiar with and arrange for them to volunteer their time to implant microchips at your clinic. Veterinarians, in kind, can promote their practice during the clinic.
- Secure staffing to assist the veterinarian, help with paperwork.
- Have a set time for your clinic (i.e. 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.) to maximize turnout and not waste the volunteers' time
- Have a table available to place small animals upon while implanting the microchip
- If your event will be held outdoors, have an alternate rain date and list this date on all promotional materials
- Have the right materials
- A multi-system scanner that reads or detects ALL microchips, like the AKC CAR Proscan 700
- AKC CAR Enrollment Forms
- AKC CAR Promotional Materials
- Spare change and a cash box
Please note: If you are holding OFA or CERF clinics and need to read and record the actual microchip numbers already implanted, you need a scanner that can read all microchip frequencies, including ISO microchips, like the AKC CAR ProScan 700.